Here’s the summary of Week 2, orignally posted on here
Week 2 of the AngelCube accelerator program was full of ups (and some downs) for our team. The start of the week began with a solid direction and focus for the company, but quickly got torn down by the advice of some of the mentors. We decided to follow their advice and to focus soley on one product line, to do it right and to do it incredibly well. This has been a great decision so far!
Here’s some milestones that Broccol-e-games achieved this week:
- v.1.1 was made available on the app store, bringing some improvements we had made based on real parent and teacher feedback
- v.1.2 development was finished. We will begin testing and submit it to the app store soon. (We also reduced the file size of the game by half!)
- Had our first pitch practice, refined the company’s product line and strategy
- Completed most of our legal docs
- Have been in contact with 40+ parents from various locations (Australia, UK, Brasil, USA)
- Had our game mentioned in a top ranking educational blog (appsineducation.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/gaming-based-maths-skills.html)
- Became a recommended iPad app from the Texas Computer Education Association
- Began submitting the game to various app review sites
- Tested facebook as a marketing channel to measure potential ROI
- Reached #10 in the iTunes Education Australia charts!
- Got featured by iTunes in the ‘What’s Hot’ section for educational iPad apps
Some of the interesting people we met:
- Founder of Anthill magazine – James Tuckerman (helped us refine our pitch!)
- Amazon Web Services Evangelist (ANZ) – Joseph Ziegler
- Founders of Artscrowd – Nicholas Austin and Andrew O’Brien
Greatest lesson for the week:
- Focus on 1 thing at a time and do it really, really, really well. The more specific the 1 thing is, the better.
We’ve also started to upload our weekly Monday check-in presentations to Slideshare, so if you’re keen to keep track of our business progress, follow this link: http://www.slideshare.net/broccolegames
If you’re a parent, haven’t completed our survey and would like to help us form a better understanding of parenting, please complete the survey here: http://bit.ly/I81LOS